Bank of the West Sr Quantitative Analyst - Modeling in Tempe, Arizona
Sr Quantitative Analyst - Modeling
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Sr Quantitative Analyst Modeling
Job Description Summary
Responsible for data preparation and analysis to ensure integrity and quality, risk model development, scorecard monitoring and tracking, strategy development and optimization, and documentation of the business, process, data, methodology, and results. The incumbent will collaborate with business, data management, risk personnel and model validation group for ad-hoc analysis, scorecard development and implementation.
Essential Job Functions
1. Design and develop risk scorecard and strategies for Retail Banking Group (RBG) products.
2. Scorecard development and strategy optimization
3. Scorecard implementation and testing
4. Documenting model development process and associated methodologies employed
5. Scorecard monitoring and tracking
6. Drafting business requirements
7. Will form part of a project team and will be expected to interact with the team on a daily basis.
8. Extract and analyze data gathered from multiple servicing and other sources, decompose high-level information into details, and communicate insight to management and internal clients.
9. Develop predictive analytics based strategies to support business.
10. Perform other duties as assigned
· 5 or more years of relevant experience in credit analysis and/or risk management
· A Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field. Advanced degree in statistics, mathematics, or economics is preferred.
· In addition to core competencies in credit risk, a thorough understanding of some or all of the following would be an asset:
· Credit lifecycle within a consumer bank
· Credit risk management infrastructures
· Quantitative methods and tools supporting credit risk measurement
· At least 4 years’ experience using SAS, SQL, Excel
· Knowledge of machine learning and R a plus
· Must have a working knowledge of the Bank’s consumer loan products
· Must have solid organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines with quality results.
· Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills for report writing, business requirement proposals, client interaction, and methodology documentation.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail is highly desired
· Must be able to work independently and proactively and take initiative in solving problems quickly.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Job: Accounting Finance
Location: United States-Arizona-Tempe
Requisition ID: 037473