Bank of the West Principal Procurement Officer in Tempe, Arizona
Principal Procurement Officer
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for executing contracting activities to support sourcing initiatives, identifying, supporting and implementing transformational strategies related to Procurement infrastructure and execution.
Essential Job Functions
Support and implement strategies to transform procurement tools, policies, processes and documentation, etc.
Effectively and efficiently negotiates and drafts Agreements to mitigate risks while driving business value to internal stakeholders.
Identifies and implements solutions to drive incremental efficiency, effectiveness and cost reductions.
May develop and execute the sourcing strategies to drive lower costs for the bank.
Interacts with and supports multiple businesses, internal and external Stakeholders, functions and Suppliers.
Effectively influences and aligns strategies and expectations and manages individual priorities given a set of performance objectives.
Contributes to or develops Category Sourcing Strategies.
Manages Suppliers including supplier development and performance management.
Provides guidance to internal business clients on Procurement capabilities and processes.
10.Works to ensure team cost savings (reduction, and avoidance) goals are achieved or exceeded and ensures business control compliance.
11.Analyzes data and strategic opportunity leading to the identification of potential Business Partner optimization gaps. Suggests and implements improvements/changes.
12.Optimizes Procurement processes to ensure Business Partners are able to make successful business decisions.
13.May lead and manage projects, promotes teamwork and communications in coordination with colleagues and Business Partners.
14.Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in equivalent experience - Required
· Master’s/Advanced Degree in - Preferred
· Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have deep knowledge of project management.
· Requires 12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Thorough knowledge of strategic sourcing in varied categories
· Proven ability in managing high-level complex supplier contracts and partnerships
· Ability to work within a complex organization and act as a dynamic change agent.
· Ability to perform in a fast-pace environment requiring high-quality of work in a variety of areas and interactions with all levels of leadership and staff within the organization.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· PC and system applications literate
· Effective management skills
· Research and analysis
· Strong commitment to client service and teamwork
· Proven negotiation skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Job: Accounting Finance
Location: United States-Arizona-Tempe
Requisition ID: 037502