Bank of the West Senior Financial Reporting Analyst - CCAR Team in San Ramon, California
Senior Financial Reporting Analyst - CCAR Team
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Senior Financial Reporting Analyst- CCAR
Responsible for providing financial analysis and reporting in support of Bank of the West's (the Bank) Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) and Dodd-Frank Act Stress Testing (DFAST) process within the Finance Divisions Enterprise Data Management Department. Responsible for understanding and preparing the Bank's regulatory reports in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures, and generally accepted accounting policies. Apply both technical and analytical skills to monitor and analyze large data set and prepare quality variance analysis. Accurately interpret and communicate regulatory rules, data and reporting changes and any other impact to the organization. Liase with various stakeholders to ensure data and reporting accuracy. In partnerhip with internal team, be responsible for driving process improvements and prioritizing data remediation projects.
1. Use technical and analytical skills to monitor and quickly analyze large data sets and identify issues or changes. Perform research and communicate to CCAR Reporting Management and business analysts any concerns or issues and quantify the impact in a short time frame.
2. Provide quality data and portfolio variance analysis validating accuracy and consistency with other internal and external data sources. Perform reconciliations to the GL, Call Reports, interdependent CCAR/DFAST schedules or other bank reporting including differing management data views.
3. Partner with cross functional departments including product divisions, finance and accounting personnel, business analysts, IT, project managers and senior leadership to ensure both data and reporting accuracy; as well as, accurately and quickly communicate regulatory changes, requirement definitions, issues and gaps or other relevant information. Prepare both line of business and senior management level presentations.
4. Research new regulatory requirements and ensure that reporting is consistent with CCAR rules and regulations as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) while maintaining and actively practicing required internal and external controls and compliance.
5. Conduct independent and timely review of CCAR/DFAST regulatory requirements. Summarize and communicate changes in accordance with department procedures acting as a liaison with the Enterprise Data Management Business Analysts and Operations to develop business requirements to ensure proper reporting of changes while working with the appropriate line of business to develop a process for obtaining the data required or improving the quality of existing data.
Provide support and active participation in the UAT process for CCAR reporting changes or tools development and testing.
Report and log defects in accordance with department policy, and actively monitor resolution to ensure proper prioritization and remediation of issues in partnership with Data Governance.
Ensure timely and accurate reporting of the CCAR/DFAST schedules and respondent reports and analysis. Interact with auditors to provide information and access to accounting records and financial reports.
9. Ability and willingness to develop and run SQL data queries to obtain and analyze reporting data.
10. Possess project management skills to perform and prioritize a variety of tasks to support new initiatives and requirements, and assist other department members when appropriate.
11. Additional project and duties as assigned.
· Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required
· Advanced degree or certification preferred
· Requires 7 years minimum prior financial/accounting experience and relevant Commercial Banking experience in the Regulatory, Financial Services or Banking industry
· Conduct the preparation, review and analysis of highly complex regulatory reports (CCAR/DFAST) focusing on the Commercial Loan products.
· Prior commercial Loan experience required
· General understanding of stress testing activities and regulatory developments
· Research and present proposed, new or revised, FRB (Federal Reserve Board) or IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) schedule and technical reporting instructions and disclosure requirements; and analyze the resulting impact on the Bank's reports and reporting tools and to BNP Paribas SA.
· Compile and analyze data for and prepare periodic financial reports of a highly complex nature.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills and research ability
· Excellent attention to detail & strong communication skills
· Bank product and service knowledge highly preferred
· Compile statistics data and create reports using Microsoft Excel
· Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint)
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
· Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
· Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Job: Accounting Finance
Location: United States-California-San Ramon
Requisition ID: 037569