Bank of the West Senior Audit Leader in San Ramon, California
Senior Audit Leader
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
The Inspection Group, as the Bank’s periodic control function (i.e., third line of defense), independently assesses the effectiveness of the permanent control function (i.e., first and second lines of defense) to identify, measure, monitor, and control risks.
The Sr. Audit Leader is primarily responsible for the follow up and validation of Treasury (ALM, Liquidity, IRR), Enterprise Risk Management, Operational Risk, Incentive Compensation, Finance findings issued by the Inspection Group and by Regulatory Agencies.
The Sr. Audit Leader is expected to support and execute the Inspection Group’s findings follow up methodology through direct follow-up or through participation in Audits as well as continuous monitoring activities. The Audit Leader will have regular interactions with other team members, business units, and/or the regulatory relations group in the course of their daily activities.
Essential Job Functions
Leads large and complicated, integrated audits as the Head of Assignment. Responsible for the related audit scoping, planning, evaluating, reporting, and supervising.
Completes continuous monitoring activities for assigned auditable entities and escalates matters that may impact the timing of the next audit assignments.
Prepares, updates, and/or reviews risk assessments for assigned auditable entities.
Validates the sufficiency and suitability of business corrective actions to address audit recommendations or completes 2nd level of supervisory review over audit recommendation closure over non-complex findings.
Communicates effectively, clearly, concisely, and accurately using written and verbal communications with all levels of management.
Demonstrates emerging expertise in audit, risk, compliance, banking, and/or product knowledge.
Manages and supervises audit assignments to assure that BNPP Inspection Generale and the Bank of the West Inspection Group policies and procedures are adhered to on audit assignments.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in applicable and related field
Required license(s) or certification(s) CIA, CISA, CPA, CAMS, and/or CRCM
- Minimum years of audit and /or risk experience at a major financial institution: Typically 8 years
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
· Primary focus of role is on day-to-day deliverables, developing solutions based upon subject expertise, and occasionally representing the department at a broader level.
· Maintains current on industry developments affected areas of assigned responsibilities.
· Demonstratable strengths in one or more of the following:
Bank Audit Activities
· Banking laws and regulations; region and branch banking operations; asset and liability management; treasury (including derivatives); lending (including evaluation of loan loss reserve, syndication desk, and other real estate owned); expenditures; deposits; PC and telephone banking (including FCC requirements); related systems; etc.
Enterprise Risk Management Activities
· Enterprise Risk Management practices for large, complex banking organizations (LCBOs); capital management and planning; stress testing; model risk governance and management; operational risk; financial reporting (including FDIC and state call reporting requirements, GAAP, and SEC requirements); budgeting; cost accounting (including transfer pricing and cost allocation); incentive programs; etc.
Auditor and senior as may be required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Location: United States-California-San Ramon
Requisition ID: 036403