Bank of the West Compliance Officer- Regulatory ID and Change Management in San Ramon, California
Compliance Officer- Regulatory ID and Change Management
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Provides 2 nd Line of Defense compliance support and expertise to assigned function or group. In alignment with the Department’s regulatory identification & change management procedures, responsible for monitoring changes to relevant federal and state laws and regulations as they impact the Bank’s various business units utilizing the Bank’s Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Tool. This includes monitoring regulatory enforcement actions and other regulatory activities with potential impact to the Bank. Assists in the monitoring, tracking and reporting of regulatory change implementation efforts by the lines of business. Assist with execution and coordination of compliance programs within assigned area of responsibility.
Essential Job Functions
· Provides consultation on compliance to line managers.
· Assists in the development of compliance policies that align with regulatory requirements.
· Assists in planning compliance audits and monitors any corrective action taken.
· Identifies specific training needs for different employee groups. Develops and conducts compliance training.
· Develops and produces internal communications on compliance related initiatives and/or regulatory changes.
· Reviews and approves forms and related operational procedures to ensure compliance.
· Develops and maintains databases required by assigned regulations.
· Acts as the subject matter expert on assigned laws and regulations, keeping abreast of all developments impacting assigned laws and regulations.
Other Job Duties
· Participates in the Bank’s Compliance Committee providing reports and information to top management as necessary.
· Performs special projects regarding Bank compliance activities which may result in in-depth studies and analysis, including the preparation of Board level presentations.
· Participates in assessing compliance implications for new product, service and systems development.
· Assists in preparation for regulatory examinations.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Experience interacting or working with regulatory agencies such as FDIC and CFPB is preferred.
· Experience in bank regulatory compliance
· Bachelor's Degree preferred
· Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) credential preferred
· Strong knowledge of general banking with an understanding of deposit, lending, BSA/AML and alternative investment products and environments.
· Strong knowledge of assigned laws and regulations.
· Strong interpersonal skills for coordination/liaison functions.
· Strong writing skills for composition of reports.
· Analytical and research
· Bank and product knowledge
· Compose letters/memorandums
· Planning and organizing
· Presentation skills
· Sharepoint Administration, Microsoft Office skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer -
Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Location: United States-California-San Ramon
Other Locations: United States-Nebraska-Omaha, United States-North Dakota-Fargo, United States-Arizona-Tempe, United States-California-Los Angeles, United States-California-City of Industry, United States-California-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 039765