Bank of the West Capital Management Analyst in San Ramon, California
Capital Management Analyst
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Capital Management Analyst
Assists in creating comprehensive documentation for the annual Capital Plan and the FR Y-14A supporting documentation. Be a key partner in forming the governance framework over the Capital Adequacy Process (CPP). Assist in creating an effective challenge framework. This position will assist in creating documentation/presentations for Federal Regulators and the BancWest Regulatory Relations team specifically focusing on Regulatory developments (DFAST, CCAR, etc.) related to Stress Testing and Capital Management.
In this role, you will be working to assist in the editing and reviewing of all Capital Adequacy Process policies of the Holding Company and its subsidiary Banks, Bank of the West and First Hawaiian Bank to ensure all policies adhere to corporate policy standards while verifying consistency of content and approach. These policies serve as the basis for how the Holding Company and subsidiary Banks are governed and are a critical component to all regulatory-mandated Dodd Frank Act Stress Test ("DFAST") submission documents.
Essential Job Functions
1. Understand the Capital Management policies, principles and objectives of the banks and review and update of all Capital Adequacy Process related Policy statements for BancWest and its subsidiary banks.
2. Support the review and discussion process for formal approval of policies with Senior Management and the Board.
3. Communicate with Senior Management and key partners across all business units, Finance, Risk and other support groups to ensure consistent application of processes and policies and adherence to provisions set forth in the statements.
4. Assist in managing the CCAR submission documentation review process and update documentation at least annually or as required by policy and/or regulatory mandate.
5. Prepare presentations/reports for Capital Planning Committee, Board of Directors and other executive steering committee meetings.
6. Participate in projects as required for new initiatives, process improvements or technology implementation and development.
7. As needed, communicate with the Regulatory Relations team in communicating with Regulators on All Capital and Stress Testing related topics.
8. Monitor Regulatory developments that may impact the Holding Company or subsidiary banks from a Capital or Stress Testing perspective. Be able to synthesize and summarize regulatory requirements for senior management consumption
9. Assist in create monthly capital reports, capital monitoring and reporting on early warning indicators. Performs peer analysis as needed.
10. Partner with Capital Management team and Support groups to identify and implement ongoing enhancements to the Capital Planning Process and related policies and methodologies.
11. Will support the Capital Planning Manager in the development of the responsibilities of the department.
12. Identifies, integrates and manages required internal and external resources to provide business solutions for groups most complex business issues, while able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
13. Monitors project progress towards project goals, coaches and motivates team members to make needed adjustments in plans to meet milestones and to achieve goals. Facilitates and documents lessons learned on projects to use on future projects. Recognizes
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree- Management, Finance, Risk or related fields required
· Advanced Degree or CPA preferred
· 5 years of experience in Risk, Audit, Forensics or related field
· Previous banking or financial services experience highly desired.
· Excellent written & communication skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment
· Strong organizational skills
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Job: Accounting Finance
Location: United States-California-San Ramon
Requisition ID: 037108