Bank of the West BSA/AML Compliance Officer in San Ramon, California
BSA/AML Compliance Officer
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
This position is responsible for assisting the BSA/AML Policy and Governance Manager with policy and governance of the BSA/AML Program throughout BOW. This includes partnering with BSA management, Compliance Advisory, and first line of defense Controls and Governance partners to develop and implement policy Bank-wide, including oversight of the business line procedure alignment and except request processes. This role is also responsible for monitoring changes to relevant laws, regulations, and Group policy, identifying impacts across the enterprise, developing policy, and coordinating with relevant stakeholders to provide guidance on implementation.
Assists the BSA Policy and Governance Manager with development, implementation and maintenance of an effective BSA/AML/KYC compliance program across all business lines.
Oversees bank-wide content alignment and exceptions request process for BSA/AML/KYC-related procedures to the enterprise BSA Policies.
Assists with alignment of BOW processes to BNPP policies and procedures.
Reviews changes to BSA/AML/KYC-related laws, regulations and regulatory guidance that have impact on any business conducted by Bank of the West.
Provides support and guidance to the business lines on BSA/AML/KYC policy and regulatory interpretation and implementation
Supports the Regulatory Updates Tracking process by managing the policy update process and coordinating with those impacted.
Assists in the development of BSA/AML/KYC compliance training as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree and 3 to 5 years of directly related experience
Field of Experience
· Exceptional communication skills (both written and oral)
· Strong analytical capacity, with particular focus on analyzing and developing policy
· 1-2 years related bank compliance experience at major banking institution or regulatory agency, and/or relevant industry certification, strongly preferred
· Knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, and FFIEC Examinations Manual
· Highly organized and diligent, with careful attention to detail and deadlines
· Experience engaging stakeholders across diverse business groups and teams
· Ability to balance and execute on competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Computer literacy required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Location: United States-California-San Ramon
Other Locations: United States-Nebraska-Omaha, United States-California-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 042301