Bank of the West Sr Banking Sales Strategy Advisor-Commercial/Business in San Francisco, California
Sr Banking Sales Strategy Advisor-Commercial/Business
At Bank of the
West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing
where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women
entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting
programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of
the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives,
and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader
supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but
as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the
ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and
Primarily responsible for Commercial Banking sales
performance management, marketing and any other business development related
projects with the objective of revenues and profitability growth. Primary
liaison to the Marketing, Data & Analytics, Finance, Learning and
Development Departments on all business development related efforts.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through
advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management and good knowledge of data
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant
experience, preferably in Commercial or Business banking.
- Implements division marketing strategies and procedures. Establishes marketing
goals and measurements systems in line with the overall objectives of the Bank.
- Gathers market intelligence so that market opportunities may be capitalized on
as they occur and the effects of competitive activity may be minimized.
- Makes recommendations regarding the Bank's product line and market coverage in
collaboration with research, product development, marketing, pricing and
- Manages coordination and communication with various Product Group Managers to
develop strategies, create and tailor products and services, develop and
communicate sales strategies, coordinate training, track sales results and
communicate to Officer Managers.
- Assists in determining performance goals, tracking and assessing periodic
performance of division employees.
- Acts as primary liaison for the division in developing overall marketing
strategies, directing advertising placement and creative efforts, collateral
development, press releases and corporate communications, NewsWest stories,
Internet and Intranet developments, events and sponsorships.
- Assists in the preparation of short and long-range plans and monitors progress.
Conducts periodic officer meetings to communicate sales results, marketing
strategies and discuss product needs and competitive issues. Participates in
community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the Bank
within the designated marketplace.
Other Job Functions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial or business banking, sales and marketing, and financial
service needs of related commercial business.
Analytical and research.
Commercial or Business Banking products and services knowledge
Coordinate events and meetings.
Demonstrated management skills.
Planning and organizing.
Use personal computer.
Written and verbal communication skills.
Requires deep knowledgeof job area typically obtained through advanced education combined withexperience.
Typically viewed as aspecialist within discipline.
May have broad knowledgeof project management.
- Master’sin Finance or marketing or business-related subject or equivalent combination of educationand experience
EqualEmployment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity
employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers
without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is
also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and
Job: Business / Commercial Banking
Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 047491