Bank of the West Principal Human Resources Business Partner, VP in San Francisco, California
Principal Human Resources Business Partner, VP
Principal Human Resources Business Partner, Vice President
Company: Bank of the West
Location: San Francisco or San Ramon
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Senior Group Manager, HR Business Partners
At Bank of the West the customer is at the core of everything we do, and we take a real and human approach to banking. Our brand is reflective of modern Western values: open, straightforward, entrepreneurial, optimistic and innovative. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity.
Bank of the West is a fast-growth, super-regional bank owned by BNP Paribas (BNPP), a top 6 global financial services institution with $2.5 trillion in assets and offices in 80 countries. We are a strong, well-capitalized and prudently managed FDIC-insured bank. Through holding BancWest Corporation, the bank is a subsidiary of BNP Paribas, one of the six highest rated banks globally. Diverse business lines include Commercial Banking, Retail Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
The VP Principal Human Resources Business Partner will understand how to align with the business unit’s needs and will effectively interface between Human Resources and also with the line of business or function supported . This HRBP must be well-versed in talent management, organizational development and team member management. This HR Business Partner will support a business unit or functional area, serving as the lead HR expert. Must effectively advise, consult, and communicate with senior and executive-level management with strategic thinking, anticipation and as a champion for organizational change. Takes initiative and makes decisions under pressure. Strategic thinker with strong project management and analytical skills. Strong business acumen and conflict resolution skills are required. This role requires being both an enforcer and an influencer.
The Ideal candidate has a collaborative working style, strong executive presence and experience working within a large organization supporting multiple locations. This role involves implementing HR best practices to support corporate values in partnership with senior executives, for an assigned client group. The role involves advising and consulting with executive management on a full range of strategic and tactical Human Resources issues, as well as developing, implementing and administering Bank policies and procedures. This role involves collaborating with and supporting the Head of HR, Employee Relations and HR Compliance. The role also involves conducting high profile special projects to support strategic HR initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
· Partner with senior leadership to provide HR support in developing and executing plans that optimize organizational design and development; talent management; employee development and employee relations.
· Provide individual and organizational coaching and consulting to senior management.
· Partner with the Talent Management Manager, to drive key performance management programs, develop critical competencies and leadership capabilities and review talent planning with senior executives in order to facilitate the attraction and retention of key talent.
· Collaborate with and assist the Director of HR, Senior HRBP & ER Manager with on-going projects and other human resources initiatives; also will lead various HR projects.
· Oversee the recruitment process as business needs dictate which includes managing leadership expectations, staffing models, cost containment, potential talent development, negotiating appropriate offer packages internally and engaging internal candidates in career discussions;
· Implement and administer HR policies and practices that are aligned with the business objectives and in compliance with all federal, state and other regulated agencies laws;
· Build and sustain relationships with various business partners, employees, Corporate HR and regional professionals to ensure effective delivery of HR objectives;
· Partner with the Employee Relations Manager and EEO Manager to develop solutions as it relates to employee relations issues.
· Assist in training and measuring results of HR processes and tools that impact the Bank. Train staff and measure functional performance against corporate HR initiatives; Data-driven approach to HR roll-out of corporate initiatives
· Experience driving successful organizational change within HR
· Able to reconcile complex human resources issues
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organizational Development, Human Resources or a related field is required
· 12 years of directly related experience in human resources
· 3 years of experience as an HRBP
· Human resources leadership experience in financial services, corporate or professional services
· Must have recently experience in Sr. Human Resources Business Partner capacity within a multi-location company whose locations include California
· Knowledge of policy and program development.
· Experience in internal and external communications or public speaking.
· Thorough knowledge of employee relations, including human resources legal and regulatory issues.
· Familiarity with Financial services industry issues is preferred but not required. These include regulatory issues, risk & compliance, California Employment Law, etc.
· MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Knowledge of Oracle Cloud or Workday is a plus but is not required
· Top-tier negotiation skills
Leadership Competencies/ Personal Attributes:
· Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience within a matrixed, collaborative environment is essential
· Ability to effectively advise and communicate with clients and executive leadership
· Strategic thinking and business acumen
· High intellectual capacity, sound professional judgment and high discretion
· Advanced decision making and analysis skills; makes timely and logical decisions to provide practical solutions
· Adaptable; Responds appropriately and competently to demands of work challenges when confronted with change, ambiguity, adversity, and other pressures
· Personal Ownership - Effectively meets objectives, motivates self to get the job done in an organized, accurate and productive way. Seeks knowledge, ideas and feedback to improve effectiveness. Holds self-accountable for following policies, guidelines, and procedures.
· Organized and strong attention to detail.
· Able to interact with senior management and all levels of employees effectively.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently to complete projects in a timely manner.
· Exceptional relationship skills; Collaborative when working with colleagues within the assigned business unit, as well as across other functions and lines of business.
No direct reports. High level individual contributor
10-15% of the time
· The above describes the general nature and level of work being performed. It’s not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
· Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
· Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Job: Human Resources
Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Other Locations: United States-California-San Ramon
Requisition ID: 036334