Bank of the West Advanced Analytics Analyst in San Francisco, California
Advanced Analytics Analyst
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for analyzing data to ensure integrity and quality, development and timeline requirements to support the development of statistical and machine learning models in support of various risk management, compliance and business initiatives.
The incumbent will collaborate with business, risk personnel and a model implementation team to deliver data models and infrastructure required for Model Risk Management and regulatory compliance.
This is the entry-level analyst in the Advanced Analytics job family.
Essential Job Functions
· As part of the Risk modeling function, work on development of statistical and machine learning models for various initiatives, including (but not limited to) detection of suspicious transaction activities, credit risk, operational risk, and technology risk modeling, economic scenario generation.
· Follow the established modeling development principles to implement statistical and analytical solutions.
· Complete various pieces of the model development process in a timely manner under supervision of experienced modelers.
· Provide support to document analytical solutions in accordance with the Bank’s model governance policies.
· Collaborate with Production teams to implement and test the models and to continuously enhance the analytic infrastructure.
Other Job Duties
· Keep abreast with developments in quantitative risk management and industry best practices.
· Manage time and resources in a dynamic multi-task environment.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
· Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
· May have broad knowledge of project management.
· Requires 1-3 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Master's Degree in quantitative fields.
· Demonstrated knowledge of statistical modeling and machine learning
· Computer programming skills: R, Python, SQL, Matlab, SAS. Spark is a plus.
· Must be able to write in a technical matter to clearly document key aspects of projects
· Must be able to work independently and proactively and take initiative in solving problems
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail is highly desired.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer -
Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Job: Risk Management
Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Other Locations: United States-Arizona-Tempe
Requisition ID: 036788