Bank of the West KYC- Controls & Governance, Suprv in Littleton, Colorado
KYC- Controls & Governance, Suprv
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Controls & Governance Supervisor
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing the efficient execution of centralized compliance functions and practices at the group or corporate level. Identifies and remains abreast of laws, regulations and regulatory guidance related to a specific regulation (i.e., AML, OFAC, Fair Lending, or other Banking regulation). Ensures centralized operational practices are accurately documented in procedures to transparently demonstrate satisfaction of compliance rules. This includes monitoring the compliance control process, all while ensuring that the business activities are performed in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and best practices.
Essential Job Functions
1. Manages a team of staff responsible for regulatory and/or program activities related to Bank regulations.
2. Monitors and tracks recommendations for enhancements to policies, processes, procedures or controls from external examinations, internal audits or compliance testing.
3. Oversees projects or ongoing control process or continuous monitoring process relating to controls that ensure compliance with one or more regulatory requirement
4. Interacts with external examiners and coordinates with internal audit and Corporate Compliance Testing within position’s area of focus.
· 5 – 7 years of experience
· Good knowledge of banking operational risk management and industry practices
· Good knowledge of banking and related laws and regulations
· Good knowledge of bank operations activities, from both a branch and centralized function aspect
· Experience in developing, writing, and communicating policies and procedures helpful
· Prior audit or regulatory compliance experience helpful
· Certification (CPA, CIA, CBA, and/or CFE) helpful
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Location: United States-Colorado-Littleton
Requisition ID: 038704