Bank of the West Sr Lead Data Analytics Analyst in General CO, Colorado
Sr Lead Data Analytics Analyst
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for developing, interpreting, and communicating insights from data mining projects to help Bank of the West’s marketing and communications team get greater insights into the customer experience and related feedback via social media, email, and chat. A successful candidate has client-side analytic project experience supporting omni-channel sales and marketing, as well as synchonizing unstructured data sources together with behavioral data to produce actionable insights. This position requires the necessary technical skills and marketing analytic experience to lead social media and related customer contact data mining projects. In this role, the Senior Analyst collaborates with senior management and business partners in key functional areas of the Bank to set analytic objectives, coordinate workflow with other business and technical subject manager experts, and own the development and delivery of analyses across multiple subject areas. As the lead Analyst in this subject area, this role is responsible for managing review cycles of recurring analyses, and ensure timely delivery of reports or presentations to senior and executive management. The Senior Analyst in this role will also be accountable for defining requirements, and leading acceptance testing of analytic assets to be used in production-level processing and reporting in their area of responsibility.
Essential Job Functions
Leverages digital channel, call center, marketing, public relations, and social media data from native apps and platforms to develop relevant product, customer, and marketing analytics and insights.
Combines digital channel and social media data and insights with internal information for a comprehensive outside-in view on topics of interest.
Ensures all reports and supporting documents are completed accurately and within required timeframes.
Works directly with subject matter experts to develop, review, and approve findings.
Extracts, filters, and aggregates data generated from digital channels and social media applications using commercial and/or open source tools and applications.
Develops and maintains topic and sentiment libraries, and contributes to the broader marketing analytic teams’ query libraries and documentation.
Collaborates with peers, media agencies, and other key partners to verify findings for completeness and accuracy.
Maintains data files, archives, and document library, version control, updates, and approvals of key documents (e.g., policies, procedures, and audit plans).
Manages projects and/or small teams to support new initiatives or other automation efforts.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field.
· Advanced knowledge of digital channel and social media platforms, including Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Linkedin.
· Requires 3 years minimum prior text and/or social media analytic experience, with a passion for digital media and related emerging technologies.
· Knowledge of listening/engagement and social CRM plaforms (e.g., Spredfast, TalkWalker).
· Proven ability to acquire and condense information using text analytic techniques and data vizualization tools (e.g., SQL, Jupyter, Python, R), and visualize analytic output via tools such as Tableau in order to deliver easily understandable information and insights to a broad base of users.
· Proficient using Microsoft Office tools to create compelling presentations.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, and experience working with senior management.
· Strong interpersonal and partnering skills to facilitate effective working relationships.
· Basic understanding of financial industry
· Ability to problem solve and swiftly escalate issues to senior staff when needed.
· Ability to adjust to rapidly changing financial services environment and prioritize deliverables.
· Demonstrated strong leadership, ability to work on tight deadlines, and keen focus on details.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations .
Location: United States-Colorado-General CO
Requisition ID: 040695